HANDMADE AND HAND STITCHED IN MUNICH GERMANY

The Luxury of Fully Handmade and Hand Stitched Watch Straps

Audemars Piguet * Panerai * Bell&Ross * Breitling * Rolex * IWC * Chopard * B.R.M. * Anonimo * Tag Heuer * Lum-Tec * Glycine * Graham * Bali Hai Q * Louis Vuitton * Cartier * Seiko * Zixion * Aquadive* Hamilton * Omega * Stienhart *Ulysse Nardin * U-Boat * Itay Noy * Cartier * Chronoswiss * Tissot * Armida * Magrette * Revue Thommen * Citizen * Ball * Jacob Jensen * Helson * Stowa * Dubey & Schaldenbrand * Frederique Contant * MarcelloC * Elgin * Wakmann * Benarus * SAS * Aquadive * Tissot * Jaeger LaCoultre * Sinn * Sevenfridays *Montblanc * Blancpain * Louis Chevrolet * Formex * Doxa * RGM * Franck Muller * Ennebi * JeanRichard * Kaventsmann * Tourby * Enzo Mechana * Vintage VDB * Werebach Uhren * Speak-Marin * Junghens * Nomos * Tudor * Tag Heuer * Dubey & Schaldenbrand * Hanhart*

Strap design consultation and limited Edition OEM Manufacture * Whole sale inquires are Welcome

Would you like to purchase?

If you would like to purchase any of the straps you see here or if you would like me to build a custom strap to your exact specification, please don't hesitate to e-mail me. I would be glad to hear from you and would be very happy to work with you to provide you just what you want, built to the highest quality.

Dangerous9straps@gmail.com
(click to link)

Also, I would be happy to speak with you in person on Skype!! Please feel free to look me up at john.glance!! Please reference watches, watch straps or better Dangerous9straps:-)

Dangerous9straps - the making of a finely handcrafted custom watch strap.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Formex 6525 GMT on Natural leather


(Click on any photo to enlarge)

Hi strap lovers, Here is one of my own personal watches that I've had for about a year. I purchased this one right after I moved to Germany and have on been wearing it that often because while it came with a very nice bracelet and a couple of nice rubber straps, I didn't like either of these OEM options much. The reason I'd not built a strap for it until now is the tricky design of the Formex lugs. I had been kicking around the idea of building an Ostrich Leg skin strap, but decided to start out with my other choice of Natural leather instead and I'm glad I did. I ended up using the OEM leather strap design instead of coming up with a totally new design and I'm really glad I did. I think it really compliments the watch and on the plus side, I've been wanting a natural leather strap for a while for one of my watches and I'm really glad I built it for my Formex GTM. This is a brand that doesn't get the attention it deserves. This trap features very nicely decorated ETA 2893-2 movement with a GMT complication topped off with a nicely engraved rotor. I've been getting time keeping within COSC specifications. Also, like all Formex watches features their patented Active suspension system and the crown located at 12 O'clock in a bullhead design. The case on the Formex 6525 is blasted Titanium, which is extremely well finished and has proven very durable as you can see for these photos, I've not yet put a scratch on it. The Case is advertised as being 43mm, but with the thickness, certainly wear at least as large as the 46mm square of the Bell & Ross BR01 models. I've always like the GMT watch in a square since I had first seen the BR01 GMT. The Bell & Ross is a bit out of my range right now and so I bought the Formex. I wasn't sure this was a keeper until I finally built this strap, but I've got to day that this strap really transforms the watch. As I said, this strap design is essentially the OEM style leather strap, but has been hand build by me from our finest natural vegetable tanned leather and hand stitching using cream white, 4 ply waxed Irish linen thread. Needless to say I'm loving it - so much so, that I'm making it the Dangerous9straps' 'Watch of the Week':-)




See the complete slide show here:

No comments:

Post a Comment